Instagram

This topic contains 9 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Hannes Borgwardt 1 year, 7 months ago.

• Author

Omri BEN-CANAAN
    Keymaster

guys,
    what is the best client app for instagram for mac? and pc?

Paul McKinley
    Participant

You could try Grids. Available for Mac and PC. No uploads though… I think Instagram doesn’t publish an upload API. http://www.thegridsapp.com/

Omri BEN-CANAAN
    Keymaster

Thanks Paul. Yes I did already and a few other apps too. You are right I think Instagram API doesn’t allow third party app to upload pictures although somehow a friend of mine manages to do so using Gamblr.
    I looked into it but there are so many bad reviews about this app that I didn’t dare install it on my computer 🙁

Timothée PLUCHET
    Participant

http://iconosquare.com cannot download it tho.. and you can’t upload pictures either.

You can browse thru your instagram feed, and you also have instagram analytics, new unfollowers, new followers…, know what hashtags work the best for you, and what hashtags have worked the best on your pictures etc.. 🙂

but of course you have to pay for the best features available on it..

Omri BEN-CANAAN
    Keymaster

thanks Timothée

Omri BEN-CANAAN
    Keymaster

Anyone knows how to switch accounts on the IOS?

Timothée PLUCHET
      Participant

It’s quite easy now they added a great new feature which allow you to switch quickly to another account, you just have to go on your profile (last tab bottom right) and once there click on your name with the arrow next to it and just add your 2nd account.

hope it helped !

Hannes Borgwardt
    Participant

Does anyone know if it’s possible to change the settings of instagram?

I want the newest post first and the oldest in the end.

I really don’t like the new kind of sorting! 🙁

Cheers

Omri BEN-CANAAN
    Keymaster

Instagram rolled out a new algorithm recently.
    You may be interested in checking out these tips.

Hannes Borgwardt
    Participant

In my opinion the new algorithm that focusses on the “best” post instead of the “newest” posts might be interesting for users, but for businesses it sucks.

They basically do the same thing that Facebook did in 2012. Firstly companies needed to encourage people to follow their page in order to use it as a marketing platform. This was for free, but then Facebook changed its algorithm. Since 2012 organic content is only seen by a small fraction of people and companies are forced to pay for their posts to reach all followers. That’s basically the concept of pay to play.

I wonder how much an Instagram “like” will be worth in the future.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Register