All the events announced here come from informations sent to us by events organizers, coworking spaces as well as infos we’ve gathered ourselves from other sources.
Feel free to contact us so we can announce your event!
- This event has passed.
Skill Share: Downsides of Being a Digital Nomad?
July 18 @ 12:30 pm - 1:30 pm UTC+8
This event is for members only. Find out more about membership (including Events Only membership) at https://www.hubud.org/join/
What are the downsides of being a digital nomad? While the positives of the digital nomad lifestyle are very sexy, there are some negatives which aren’t talked about nearly as often including:
– Why being a digital nomad isn’t for everyone (and why that’s okay).
– The hidden financial realities of being nomadic.
– Building sustainable momentum and finding in-person mentorship.
– Handling the ongoing stress of moving and travelling.
– Routines and habits to get more high-quality, sustainable work done.
– Dealing with the loneliness of not having in-person coworkers.
– Meeting new contacts as a nomad. Is it business? Is it friendship?
About the speaker:
Brian is the founder of CallerSmart, an award-winning iOS app and website which helps users investigate mystery phone numbers, and avoid unwanted calls and texts. The company has been featured by the likes of Mashable, The Next Web and others, and the CallerSmart app was dubbed “turnt up caller ID” by BuzzFeed in their “11 Things To Do Before You Start Dating Online” guide. The CallerSmart team is spread across 3 continents.
In his role as founder Brian has written for Inc. Huffington Post, Forbes.com, and elsewhere online about successfully building digital businesses and distributed teams. A self-described “aspiring polymath”, Brian is an avid reader and a student of the habits and tools which facilitate personal and professional growth. He’s been a digital nomad himself since 2014.